Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Here comes the money!

Well, I decided that I would finally start my fund raising. I have never started it this early, but whenever I would go to the 3Day website, all of my teammates would have money, and I didn't have any. Both Cheryl and Vicky have over a thousand dollars! That is amazing! I am so proud of them. It's not a contest to see who can earn the most money, but as team captain I thought I should have something on the board! What type of leader was I if I couldn't raise money?

So today I sat down and composed my e-letter. When I began, I thought, how do I ask people to donate to me for a third time? After trying to be witty and creative, I just scrapped that idea and simply told my story and asked people to support me. When I showed it to a friend for editing, she reminded me that people are donating to a cause, and would most likely donate to some other nameless person anyway. She continued by telling me that people would prefer to support someone they know. I agreed with her, and felt better about my letter.

So like almost anything I do, I share it with my mom and dad first. I sent an email to them asking if there was anything in the letter that I should change . I kept waiting for a response, but didn't get one. Finally when I checked my email later in the day, there was a notification from the 3Day stating that I had a donation--my first one of the year--from mom and dad of course. I know that I can always count on them to support me in anything that I do. I am so lucky to have them in my life.

Shortly after that, the second one came in. Let's hope that they continue to pile up!

Royally yours,
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment