Monday, January 25, 2010

Eight is Great!

Well, it's a good thing that I haven't started training outside. This wind and rain is awful! It reminds me too much of the Nor'easter we had during the 3Day last year. I came home from work today, brought the girls to gymnastics, and put on my pj's. It was only 4:45, but I know that the majority of you have done the same on more than one occasion. There was no way I was stepping on the treadmill. I just wanted to snuggle under a blanket and read a good book. BTW-I just finished reading a great book-- The Help. You should check it out.

So the other night I was on the 3Day website and was looking around. I like to look at the other teams, what they do for fundraisers, how much they have raised, etc. I happened to click on a link to the team that was the 10th highest fundraiser to see what their page said. When I opened it I was surprised by the amount of money they had earned--it was just over $3,000. I immediately thought that we had raised more than that, so I went back to the original page--then I saw it--Tough Warrior Princesses! We are currently the eighth highest fundraiser for the Boston 3Day! We have raised over $3,800 and we haven't even sat down as a team! Thank you to everyone who has donated already! We truly appreciate you! I was thrilled. Now it is up to us to stay in the top ten.

The end of the week is filled with a couple of 3Day events for me. On Wednesday night I will be sitting down with Patty, Cheryl, and Vicky to discuss some ideas for fundraising. I think we have some good ones, if we can pull them off. The following evening I will be in Beverly volunteering for my first Get Started Meeting--a meeting designed for people who are interested in participating in the 3Day. I am really looking forward to meeting some new women and getting them excited about walking. Again, if anyone is thinking about it, we would love to have you join our team.

I'll post later this week, and let you know how everything went. I have to go finish my grades now. The term ended on Friday. The good news is that we are halfway through the year.

Royally yours,
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment